 CAD / LDraw Files / Ideas / 128
Re: Modular space station connection system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dat.ideas
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:07:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Jameson Robert Gagnepain writes:
Hey all, I just created a new connection system for a modular space station,
LMKWYT

--
Jameson Gagnepain
http://www.jamesonrobert.com/lego

<DAT Snipped>

This is a good interface between modules (provided the module shape
matches). One suggestion I would make though would be to use the "Brick 1 x
2 with Pin"  <part:2458> instead of the technic pieces. My experience is
that the pins usually pull out when you pull things apart. That's not a bad
thing, but they usually stay in the wrong parts :-)

-Duane

Yeah... in the modules I have actually built I use that piece whenever
possible.  When I get a chance I'll put up a few of the modules...  So far
I've made a command station, one tube, a 3-way connection, and an engine.
(This system works with modular space ships, too)

I plan to make an airlock, a 4-way connection, an elevator or a vertical
connection, more rooms....  Not sure what else.  The airlock is going to be
difficult.  If anyone has suggestions and/or a possible design for the
airlock, let me know.