 CAD / 9679
Re: Mysterious changing color. (Again!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 05:18:34 GMT

If I am thinking of the same bug it uses a default light-gray. (color #7 in
mlcad anyway).

My solution actually was just to edit the pov file and change the color
number from 7 to the apropriate number.  (The number seems to still be
defined, just not properly applied to the element)

But I do this because I have a situation where no matter what I do with
l3pao it never renders.  I have use l3npao to setup the commandline and then
copy and paste the commandline to run in the models folder and then manually
run pov after that. So since i am already opening the pov file its easier
for me to just fix the color manually.

Sigh.

Someday I may actually try to debug that but ive gotten so used to just
doing it all manually that its almost not worth it.

"Daniel Collis" <cptrodent@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague writes:
Hi Daniel,

The only issue I know of with L3P and color is a bug in L3P.  If you • place
a single part in a DAT or LDR file by itself, it comes up the wrong • color.
A solution to this is to add the same part in the same location twice.

Thanks, Kevin. That should help.

I'm curious if the "Set color 16" option in L3P is somehow related to this
little snafu (wether as an antagonizer or as a solution). I haven't used • the
option in L3PAO due to the fact that I keep getting an error message (Run
time error '381': Invalid property array index) and the program crashes • each
time I try to use that option. (I'm using version 1.3.8. Anybody know if
this has been updated yet? Last time I looked, it was still that version
online.)
Does the program automaticly use Black if you do not check the box and
adjust the color?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
-Dan