 CAD / 9637
Re: Mysterious changing color. (Again!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 03:43:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Daniel Collis writes:
I've recently been working on making the 1682 shuttle launch pad in MLCad.
(I'm missing the stickers and one piece: the wheels that make up the grey
fuel tank #4266 Technic Wheel Center 20 x 30). I ran it through L3Lab, used
the POV-RAy file option and ran the resulting file and all comes out
hunky-dorey, except for one thing: The piece used for the shuttle's main
doors (#2582) is rendered black. It's white in both MLCad and L3Lab, but
always comes out black in POV.
What happened?!?!?!?!?!

-Daniel Collis

Ok. I think I've narrowed down the reason that it's changing color. I've
been working on Jengo Fett's Slave I in a .mpd file. I saved a Hinge Car
Roof 4x4 (4213) as a .ldr file and then imported it into the .mpd file. I
then created a .ldr file with the same piece and two "Grilled Tiles" on it,
and then imported it into the .mpd.
So far, so good.
I ran it through L3PAO and then rendered with POV 3.5.
The car roof withOUT the two tiles was rendered black. (Both versions of the
piece were white in the model.)

In my previous file, the doors were also imported as one piece into the
.mpd. Is there where the problem is coming from? If so, how do I correct
it???????

Many thanks!
-Daniel