 CAD / 9678
Re: LDraw.org ETA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:50:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Shaun Sullivan writes:
In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney writes:
Hi Sean -

In lugnet.cad, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Hi Kevin et. al.,

What does Kevin have to do with it? ;-)

Hmmm, I'm not really savvy enough to know about the distribution of resources
(and, presumably, the immense inflow of capital) to realize whether you're
being sarcastic or not!

Wasn't really being sarcastic, half-joking maybe... :-)

I just mentioned Kevin's name since he posted a
message stating that the hardware was being ugraded ...

Aah, I must have missed that one. Yes, there were some server issues on the
machine LDraw.org runs on this past week. I've heard word they are solved,
and the machine should be up shortly. Now what "shortly" means, I dunno.

I have heard via email the box is back up. So, "soon" is the answer.

Goody goody!  I need to dig into some unofficial parts :P

:-)

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. :-\

No complaints here!  I felt bad enough asking, given the fact that the resource
is free, readily available, and attentively managed.

Understood. All of us who volunteer with the site have been keen to find a
solution to this, since we do realize the inconvenience it poses to the LEGO
world! I needed the site for a couple things last week too :-\

That's the balance with free community resources - on one level, you can't
complain, and on another, when a community grows around a resource, the
resource grows beyond the scope of its owners/operators/caretakers.

-Tim