 CAD / 9590
  converting SW assembly files to Ldraw??

Hi all, A question: I've made a big assembly of a MOC technic sportscar in Solidworks. (Before I knew there is the existence of MLcad and LEOcad.) (URL) there any program that can convert such files to Ldraw?? It would be very nice because .dat, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: converting SW assembly files to Ldraw??

(...) Welcome to the club! You'd be surprised how many CAD users model LEGO using other systems and then later find out about LDraw. There's no constraints or assembly mates in LDraw though - at least not yet - so you probably won't be leaving SW (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: converting SW assembly files to Ldraw??

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:51:39 GMT, "Nathanael Kuipers" <kuipers_n@hotmail.com> wrote: [...] (...) Such a program should not be complicated to write. But I think that the results could be disapointing. I explain why : Solidworks stores the assemblies (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: converting SW assembly files to Ldraw??

Hi Darrel (...) I totally agree!! Both programs have their own specific features, combining in a way would be great! (...) Thanks for the advise! I'll have a look. (...) Thanks again! No I did not try that (yet). First of all I don't have much (...) (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: converting SW assembly files to Ldraw??

(...) Thanks!! :) If you have succeeded and finished the converter, I'll certainly give you feedback. I'm curious what the result will be and most likely you too. Nathanael (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)