 CAD / 959
Re: Parts Count?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:49:09 GMT

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999 01:18:01 GMT, "Doyle Nelson" <dnelson@ixpres.com>
wrote:

Hello,

Can someone make a quick part type count for LDOA OR LDRAW? It would make it
allot easier for me than counting 3000-100,000 bricks by hand. I am working on
a project and making instructions with piece type count. Telling how many of
each type brick will be needed. With the LDraw picture of each piece. Can
anyone help me accomplish this allot quicker than I have been doing? Also
hasn't anyone else needed such a device for their projects?

I know Terry made a reply about using LDAO's HTML Generator for this, in
regards to problems with sub-model files.  Now, of course, I can't find
that message.

Anyway, I wanted to make it clear what happens with this:

The parts-list maker in LDAO (currently part of the HTML instruction
generator) examines each subfile in a model, to see if it is a part or
not.  Files which are in the ldraw\models\ directory and are not flagged
as part files, are considered to be sub-models.  These files are
scanned, and any parts in them are added to the part-list.

So, if you use sub-model files, and you want them counted as parts, add
a line at the top of the file, '0 Unofficial Part'.

Steve