 CAD / 958
Re: Parts Count?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:42:50 GMT

Just a warning about LDrawList.exe:  it doesn't always handle subfiles
correctly, so you have to inline a model before generating a parts list.

-John Van

Lars C. Hassing wrote in message ...
Doyle Nelson writes:
Can someone make a quick part type count for LDOA OR LDRAW? It would make it
allot easier for me than counting 3000-100,000 bricks by hand. I am working • on
a project and making instructions with piece type count. Telling how many of
each type brick will be needed. With the LDraw picture of each piece. Can
anyone help me accomplish this allot quicker than I have been doing? Also
hasn't anyone else needed such a device for their projects?

I have a copy of Huw Millington's "Parts List Generator" for Win95,
"LDrawList.exe" in ldrawlst.zip from June 1997

In the "James Jessiman Memorial-LDraw Resources" utility page
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/2244/utility.html
and in the LDraw FAQ there are broken links to
"Parts List Generator - by Huw Millington - for Windows 95" at
http://www.pncl.co.uk/%7Ehuw/lego/ldraw/ldraw.html
I don't know where it is nowadays. Email me for a copy.
/Lars