 CAD / 956
Re: MPD Builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:36:16 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 08:49:50 GMT, sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre
Andersen) wrote:
I can't remember how you redirect stderr to stdout in DOS
(but it should be in the manuals).
Hmm.  I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any reasonable way to
manage stderr.  Definitely no command-line directive (like piping), and
I can't find any command in the reference.  Oh, well.  Not a big deal.

You can with just about any decent 3rd-party command shell, e.g. 4DOS (1),
bash, etc.

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  For those unfamiliar with it, 4DOS is a command.com almost-clone, with a
ton of new (and useful) features that you'd normally find in unix shells.
Because it's very close to command.com, the learning curve is very shallow.
It has flavors for DOS, 16- and 32-bit windows, OS/2, and Windows NT.  Check
it out at http://www.jpsoft.com

--
  _
|_|  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/5249/