 CAD / 9480
  Re: Converting AutoCAD/3D Studio/etc. to .dat with 3DWin

(...) No, but this is one of the good things about posting onto Lugnet - I'm learning about all of these other translators. I guess the final test is: Can the parts authored in XX software and converted through YY converter be accepted as official (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Converting AutoCAD/3D Studio/etc. to .dat with 3DWin

(...) The short answer to this question is, in most cases, yes The long answer is most converters do not have significant enough primitive detection to submit a part immediately after conversion. For example, STL2DAT detects cylinders, sort of, but (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad)