 CAD / 9241
    Proposed solution for Building Instruction scale issue —Kevin Clague
   As LPub is creating building instructions for your LDraw files, it makes sure that there is consistant scale for the building steps in a given user-defined DAT file. The scale is determined by running each step's DAT (subset of original DAT with (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Proposed solution for Building Instruction scale issue —Steve Barile
   I just ran into this problem a couple nights ago when I was rendering steps for a train set. Why not jump right in and determine the LDU per pixel ratio for the largest camera radius and apply that number to scale all the images. Each image size (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Proposed solution for Building Instruction scale issue —Kevin Clague
   Steve, On the stepclock topic. L3P<->POV-Ray stepclock mechanism does not take rotation steps into account, so I cannot use it. I assume you are proposing that I use the same scale across the entire set of building instructions, right? I chose to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Proposed solution for Building Instruction scale issue —Steve Barile
   -sc... I figured there was something technically stopping you, I wonder if a quick prescan of the sub model that reveals no rot steps could lead to a differnt render path etc... but that's a different topic. Back to the scaling. BTW I am thinking of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Proposed solution for Building Instruction scale issue —Kevin Clague
   (...) Rather have a single solution path unless there is a *really* compelling reason to do otherwise. LPub is quite quick with its part of the job, but there is overhead in running L3P so many times. (...) Scale changing within a given sequence of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Proposed solution for Building Instruction scale issue —Steve Barile
   Kevin, Overall, I think the more well thought out and defined controls there are the better the tool. And I wanted to take this oppertunity to thank you for having this open dialog, it is very reasuring and likely to produce a more robust tool in (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Proposed solution for Building Instruction scale issue —Kevin Clague
   (...) You are welcome. Is there going to be an end? I've done enough applications in my life to know that my own philosphic perspectives on what makes a great tool are not as strong as the group philosphy. As the implementor of the tool, I only use (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Proposed solution for Building Instruction scale issue —Mike Walsh
    "Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H8ux0K.2q4@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) more (...) Nope! You have a user base that is never satisfied! (...) it, (...) there (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I have a couple of ideas that I (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Proposed solution for Building Instruction scale issue —Kevin Clague
   <snipped> (...) Mike, I think posted is good. Thanks, Kevin (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

    "Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H8vv2I.6M3@lugnet.com... (...) paradigm. (...) them (...) I have added lugnet.inst to this post as there seems to be a lot of LPub related traffic in that group and the topic of my post (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

        Re: Proposed solution for Building Instruction scale issue —Kevin Clague
   Hi Mike, I've wanted the sub-model selection stuff you talked about for a while also (whether you use MPD or not.) I think it would be very handy. I think that the form of this solution is in a GUI addition to LPub itself, where you get a list of (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)