 CAD / 8887
Re: Any Software Capable of Generating Edge Outlines?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 06:38:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Sun Yun writes:
I'm trying to generate a render of a white model in perspective with black
outlines for the pieces.

I've traditionally used MLcad and LDlite to do this but now I need the model
in perspective and it seems these programs are incapable of producing images
in perspective.

I've tried Bram's technique with "find edges" with Megapov but cannot get
the Megapov to work on my computer(registry problem???).  I've just spent 6
hours trying to get it to work, so I give up.

Do you have POV-Ray 3.1 or higher installed?  Plus in order to get MegaPOV
to run you need to make sure that the file that L3PAO converters contains
this line of text.

#version unofficial MegaPov 0.7;  // version number may be different

Let me know if this helped you.  If not email me the specifics and I will
see if I can help you out more.  I am not aware of another software that
will do what you are looking for.

You could also use LPub to interface with teh MegaPOV find_edge code much
easier.  (You will still need L3P and the POVs installed on your machine)

-AHui
LDraw Help Desk