 CAD / 8801
    Re: Primitives and quads/triangles —Travis Cobbs
   (...) While your goal is to create something that looks good after L3P has converted it to POV format, bear in mind that it should ideally also look good in the original LDraw format. Using primitives for the cylinders, and not for the cones will (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Primitives and quads/triangles —Niels Karsdorp
   (...) The new-style train wheel (4180d.dat) does not use cones, but quads. This causes gaps when rendered (see on my site). Since there was not a single matching cone primitive, I used three. I know about the gaps between these cones. Because of the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Primitives and quads/triangles —Niels Karsdorp
   (...) I have created a fourth version, using primitives for cylinders and rings. Cones I have created with 16 segment quads for LDraw and a true cone for PovRay (using 0 L3P IFPOV etc.). The results are great! Now I need to find out how type 5 lines (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Primitives and quads/triangles —Travis Cobbs
   (...) Looks good in my program (LDView), once I got the file modified back to its original form due to the posting causing some lines to wrap. Looking at the file, I think it would require new cone primitives to allow the use of cone primitives (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Primitives and quads/triangles —Orion Pobursky
   (...) I use Steve's rotate spreadsheet to figure out what cones/rings I need to fit into a space. Go here to get it: (URL) use the Rings tab. Enter the inner and outer radius and the y height. Then choose a cone primitive and set the scales and (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Primitives and quads/triangles —Steve Bliss
   (...) Geez! I gotta update the Rings tab with more radii. :) Steve (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)