 CAD / 8649
Re: Lego patent issued
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:22:28 GMT

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:H1xFC4.Ex1@lugnet.com...

Hey, does BlockCAD have an internal grid based on integers?

Yes.

It existed before 1999

Yes. I released version 1.1 1998-July-16 (That's as far back as my own
posting archive goes), so the 0.9 version should be from at least half a
year before that (Just checking the date of the .exe: 1998-01-08).

and it constrains the connections to stud locations.

Not really anymore, you can place pieces on half studs, and 1LDU resolution
too, in the later versions. The original version was only stud resolution,
though.

I know the source code is available, but can we tell what it looked like • way
back in 1998?

The principle in BC has never changed, only the resolution.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm