 CAD / 8437
  replacement primitives for fas machines

Hello, I have been working with mlcad on a set of replacement ldraw primitives. These primitves have 48 sided circles apposed to ldraw’s usual 16. I have created these primitives to be used with various ldraw programs with my eventual goal of (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: replacement primitives for fas machines

(...) Hey, Chris! You realize that there are a number of standard 48-sided primitives in your ldraw\p\48\ directory already, right? Steve (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: replacement primitives for fas machines

(...) Yes I realized the folder was there but I mistook their purpose! Oh well maybe I should have asked for some advice before I started : ) Regardless of construction method the outcome should be the same except the standard 48 sided primitives (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: replacement primitives for fas machines

(...) I have a dumb one. Is there something that you should do to tell MLcad or whatever to use the 48 primitives in place of the lower resolution ones? Or is that something that has to be changed in the parts that use the primitive in question? (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: replacement primitives for fas machines

(...) Actually, it still would be an interesting project to use the existing p\48\ files by either (a) copying the files into the p\ directory, or (b) replacing the regular p\ files with 'pointers' to the p\48\ files. And there are a lot of files (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)