 CAD / 8341
Re: Animation actions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 02:36:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Roland Melkert writes:
Hi all,

I am currently working on Beta 3 of LD4DModeler, which is mainly about
animation editor (Visual timeline editor!) and engine, improvement and
extension.

I was wondering if someone got some ideas about additional animation
actions. Currently I have the following actions:

-Angle adjustment (joints, camera, model)
-Movement (Joints, camera, model)
   (above two will, almost certain, be joined into one action. Because
they are in essance the same).
-Reset (joints, camera, model)
-Sequence reference

<snip>

Will the LD4DModeler engine be doing the actuall animation? Or will it be
creating POV ray code so that POV ray can do the rendering for the
animation.  I ask this becuase if Ld4DModeer will be doing the rendering
then how will it handle the static backgrounds?  Or will it?  I think this
is the MOST crucial point for future ldraw based animations.

Making a minifig move one a plain black background is easy. But putting a
static scense (like what forester provides) and then trying to animated the
minfig is IMPOSSIBLE right now.

So I would hope that the idea of placing static backgrounds or scenes or
other stuff be included in LD4DModeler.

Also will the timeline provide a way to see the animation in real-time?
Does not have to be high-quality image just enough to show what the movement
will be like.  I'm not sure if you are familiar with flash but perhaps a
look/feel similar to their timeline would work for your application.

-Ahui