 CAD / 7913
Re: LEGO meeting the engraver
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 22:14:03 GMT

And the .dat files for the 3 ribbed bricks 1x2, 1x4, & 1x8 (1.9k):
www.sstanamera.com/~sebarile/RibbedBricks_all.zip

BIG thanks to Tony Halfner for creating these!
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
I took some better pics... (I nuked the old ones)
www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=16873
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Hi All,
After long consideration I decided to mutilate bricks. I have resorted to
only de-facing then so far. One might say its more like a 3D decal, others
my scoff.

This is what LEGO designers do, so why not. We have directly influenced them
on the current train/set designs (esp Dan Siskind's work), why not
individual elements. Not to mention MegaBlocs blows LEGO away with textured
elements (yeah, yeah, yeah, I could have stopped after blows...). Recently I
was building a MegaBloc Mech (b-day present) with Phil, my 6 yr old son, and
found an awesome selection of textured elements, it really got me thinking.
This coupled with the BricksWest name badges and here's what I came up with.

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=167958
www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=167957

here's an illustration of the part
www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=154085