 CAD / 7490
Re: Setting folder icons in Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 23:40:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain writes:
Hi Kevin,

I made my first try with Brickshelf yesterday, and had a problem:

I uploaded a gif file as icon - it was a 500x410 pixel image,
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=133602 (actually I intended
it to be in the folder, but I goofed...)

And now if I look at my icon, the thumbnail generated is (as read in html
code) 134217727 x 134217727 pixels* !!!! and the buttons to upload a new one
disappeared...

Can you do something ?

It looks ok now.  You must have uploaded another file or used the reload
command, either of which will rescan the folder and re-create the thumbnails.
The problem you described usually happens as a result of multiple simultaneous
uploads (not waiting for one upload to completely finish before starting a new
one).  Since each upload re-creates thumbnails, collisions occur when multiple
thumbnail generation processes work simultaneously.  This can lead to
unpredictable results.  People complained that they could not upload multiple
files at once (this was one reason).  Now they can, but you should use the
'reload command' after uploading all files to make sure the thumbnails (and
corresponding DB entries) are correct.  If you upload one file (or one zip
file) and let it finish thumbnail generation, there is no need to use the
reload command.

The system is far from perfect, but it's hard to do something that can't be
fixed with the reload command.

KL