 CAD / 7371
Re: Inlining question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 22:03:55 GMT

Sorry no, not wht I know of.

I'm generally against subpart use unless necessary especially if used in only
one part, but if it saves very much to file size, I can accept subpart(s).

For your personal use, you can always save as mpd, but remeber not every LCAD
program will support the format...

/Tore

In lugnet.cad, Dave Schuler writes:
Not sure if this should be here or in .dev, so redirect as appropriate...

If I've written a subpart that will be used several times in a single part,
and if I want to inline that subpart, is there a way to do it without
including the entirety of the subpart's code X number of times?  For
instance, if I model a cone by generating a single quadrant as a subpart,
can I do something like this:

0 Cone Quadrant Subpart
2 24 little bit of subpart
2 24 another little bit of subpart
2 24 another little bit of subpart
2 24 another little bit of subpart
2 24 another little bit of subpart
2 24 another little bit of subpart
2 24 another little bit of subpart
2 24 another little bit of subpart
2 24 another little bit of subpart
2 24 another little bit of subpart
2 24 another little bit of subpart
2 24 another little bit of subpart
0 Whole Darn Cone
1 16 Inlined subpart from the previous bunch of lines
1 16 The same inlined subpart, rotated 90 degrees about the Y axis
1 16 The same inlined subpart, rotated 180 degrees about the Y axis
1 16 The same inlined subpart, rotated -90 degrees about the Y axis
0

Or something similar?  If the quadrant subpart turns out to be 500 lines,
I'd hate to have to include the whole thing four times.

Thanks for any help!

    Dave!