 CAD / 7367
7366  |  7368
Subject:
Inlining question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:49:57 GMT

Not sure if this should be here or in .dev, so redirect as appropriate...

If I've written a subpart that will be used several times in a single part,
and if I want to inline that subpart, is there a way to do it without
including the entirety of the subpart's code X number of times?  For
instance, if I model a cone by generating a single quadrant as a subpart,
can I do something like this:

0 Cone Quadrant Subpart
  2 24 little bit of subpart
  2 24 another little bit of subpart
  2 24 another little bit of subpart
  2 24 another little bit of subpart
  2 24 another little bit of subpart
  2 24 another little bit of subpart
  2 24 another little bit of subpart
  2 24 another little bit of subpart
  2 24 another little bit of subpart
  2 24 another little bit of subpart
  2 24 another little bit of subpart
  2 24 another little bit of subpart
0 Whole Darn Cone
  1 16 Inlined subpart from the previous bunch of lines
  1 16 The same inlined subpart, rotated 90 degrees about the Y axis
  1 16 The same inlined subpart, rotated 180 degrees about the Y axis
  1 16 The same inlined subpart, rotated -90 degrees about the Y axis
0

Or something similar?  If the quadrant subpart turns out to be 500 lines,
I'd hate to have to include the whole thing four times.

Thanks for any help!

     Dave!