 CAD / 7335
Re: A really dumb question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:50:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Dave Schuler wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm reading it right (since it's the end of a very long
week).  Are unofficial pieces allowed?

No.

Not clone.dats, of course, but how
about not-yet-canonical LDraw parts?

No. - A good reason to help verifying the quality of the
not-yet-canonical LDraw parts at:

  http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/

Then the rules need to be updated, because the sentence quoted states that
they are allowed.  Dave Schuler may have been unsure of the proper
interpretation of the statement he quoted, but I wasn't (at least not before
your reply).  It unequivocally states that unofficial parts are ok, but only
if that part isn't yet available in an official release.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)