 CAD / 7262
Re: LGEO parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 01:16:51 GMT

Travis Cobbs wrote:

In lugnet.cad, Jeroen de Haan writes:

Hi all,

Is there any change that the LGEO-parts will be updated or be made bug-free
where neccesary? I encountered one (or more?) bugs this afternoon (sorry I
couldn't be bothered to write them down) and it erm... bugs me a bit.

I have no idea as to the answer to your question, but as a developer I can
state categorically that developers tend to be totally unsympathetic to
users who complain about "errors", but can't be bothered to list them.  This
is even more likely to be the case with free software.

In fact, I personally would completely ignore such complaints.  While I
welcome and incourage bug reports to my LDView program, I have no sympathy
for someone simply telling me "it's buggy".  I already knew that; it's
widely accepted (by developers anyway) that all software is buggy.  While we
strive to eliminate all bugs, we don't ever expect to succeed.

Don't get me wrong.  You're welcome to complain about software whether you
pay for it or not, but if you honestly want a response from the developer,
simply stating it's buggy won't do any good.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)

Amen! I couldn't have said it better my self. (and I actually
thought about how I might do so.)

-Kyle

--
                                    _