 CAD / 6942
Re: Help with L3P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 19:47:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Mike Walsh writes:

"Kevin W." <ewanner@macnet.com> wrote in message
news:GopCo6.6Cx@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin Wanner writes:
         Ok I instaled the L3P add on and I don't have any thing else. • so
I would like to know what I need and where I can get it. Thanx

Go to <http://www.ldraw.org/> and follow the "Get Started NOW!" link.  It
has links to everything you need, and instructions on how to download &
install it.

You'll need LDraw and complete.exe, at least.  You'll almost certainly • want
an editing program, such as LeoCAD or MLCAD.  And for L3P to be useful,
you'll need to grab a copy of POV-Ray.

Steve

Thanx but my computer for the last three days will not go to ldraw.org so • do
you know of another place that I can download them.  corect me if I am • wrong
I need LDraw, completr.exe, (want) LeoCAD or MLCAD, and POV-Ray.  One last • ?
I have the L3P Add On, nothing more. Do I need L3P and POV-Ray or only
POV-Ray.  Thanx so much
                               --Kevin W. §

In addition to L3PAO, you need L3P which you can get from here:

http://home16.inet.tele.dk/hassing/l3p.html

L3PAO is simply a GUI front-end for L3P.

Then you need PovRay which you can download from:

http://www.povray.org

In order to render anything (anything meaning L-Draw format related) you
need capture a model in L-Draw format.  I like ML-CAD which you can download
from:

http://www.lm-software.com/mlcad/

To capture something you need the L-Draw parts library and the only place I
know to download that is the L-Draw web site (http://www.ldraw.org).  If you
can't resolve that I don't where else you can find them other than to have
someone send them to you.

Mike

Thanx for your help although I still can't get in.  Well maby it will start
working sooner or later prabaly later knowing my luck.
                      --Kevin Wanner §