 CAD / 6681
Re: A new animation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 22:52:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.cad, Eduardo Vazquez Harte writes:
I forgot to post the url http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Eduardo

Hey, that's really cool!  I love the texture of the ground, and the
changing angle of perspective is really nice.

Thanks a lot.

I saw a show about special visual effects for Star Trek a few years back,
and the tech guy discussed the various ways to "establish" a vehicle in a
scene, in terms of motion and angles of view.  He described a sort of
panning shot allowing the viewer to see a lot of the vehicle without being
conspicuous about it; in effect, the viewer watches the normal motion of the
vehicle and is able to absorb a great deal of detail without consciously
having to study the vehicle.  Your animation, though brief, accomplishes
much the same thing.  We're able to see a lot of the car simply by watching
it pass normally.  Very nice work!

Thanks again but I'm a star wars fan so that means that when I'm doing an
animation I do it like if George Lucas is do the animation.

Is there a way, do you suppose, that you might create a simple building or
two, or maybe a spectator, to stand behind the action?  I think it would be
neat to see that kind of thing, but I wouldn't want to make prohibitively
complex demands on your animation!
Thanks for sharing!

I'm not sure of what you are talking about but if it's first person style
then yes.

   Dave!