 CAD / 6369
Re: LDraw FilTEr
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:10:58 GMT

Man, this thing is great!

You'll be able to create completely hollow objects, filter out parts that
you want to use or ones you don't want to use, export them to
already-existing realtime rendering programs like Quake or Unreal or your
favorite flight simulator, or just reorganize models or submodels in
suitable ways if you're building things like Datsville.  Wow, that's great!

Mike

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson writes:
First version: A lot of features still grayed-out.

But you can:
* filter x, y, z, color, line type
http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/ldfilter/ldfilter.zip (200 Kb)

Some feedback, please! Is it worth working on?

/Tore

blessing wrote:

interesting.

Gary

Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> wrote in message
I played around a little with an idea I had from working with ldboxer.

No code is written yet, but you'll get a good idea of what I am thinking • of if you watch this:
http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/ldfilter/ldfilter.jpg (43 Kb)

Just like in the ldboxer, the presentation of the Input File will be a • CheckBoxList. The boxes are not yet drawn.

I think of three different save options:
* Split the Input File into two files from checked and uncheck lines.
* Apply filter and save all file to Output File 1
* Save only checked lines from Input File to Output File 1

What else...?

/Tore