 CAD / 6336
RE: Hey everybody: A few things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 04:04:40 GMT

Colin R Gutierrez writes:
Yes to all the above.  I tried LEdit, was too slow, and the
redraw rate [on my machine] is enough to induce a seizure.

Any program is going to be slow on a 486.  You need a new computer :)  YOu
can probably get something better than the 486 for little more than $100.
Or go search for a Pentium 1 in someone's trash....Don't take this the wrong
way--I used a 486 with Win 3.1 for email (and LEdit, but not much else)
through 1999.

Also, I use a 28.8 modem, so I'm very hesitant about downloading
another program that prolly won't work after the LEdit fiasco.

All of the freeware LEGO related programs out there are under the 3 MB
mark...definitely downloadable over 28.8.  Just gotta let it sit for a while
and do something else in the meantime.

Oh, the other reason I had to can LEdit was because the parts
library takes up alot of space on my miniscule 850MB harddrive
that is currently packed with .cam images of my models and such.

The parts library is 10 MB...not really huge.

  I would like a mouse interface like Autocad or the
like, you know, you switch between x-y, x-z, and y-z planes and the
mouse moves the cursor (or in this case, part) in the current plane.

MLCAD fits that description, but it's rather slow on a 486 or Pentium 1.
Just shooting down all your excuses to get some new cool CAD-heads :)
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
http://bldesign.org/