 CAD / 6092
Re: site update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 16:38:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Erik Olson wrote:

Some of us are still mystified by all those primitives. What their intents
are, when to use 'em and when to propose a subpart. I suppose that studying
official parts would clarify that. Some of us don't know what the tools do
already (L3Lab) and what they're effective at. The pitfalls, the
efficiencies, the accumulated experience...

Hmm, ok.  That's two or three topics:

Primitives
Subparts
Existing Tools as applied to part authoring

I'll eventually get around to making tools for part authoring in BrickDraw3D
and I'll figure it what's useful when I need to.

:)

I imagine a day when the experts here will get together and write an
O'Reilly book, call it Virtual Building with LDRAW, and it will have a
chapter on parts authoring in it.

I'd be happy with a web page.

Steve
Christopher! have you backed up your data?