 CAD / 6090
Re: site update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:45:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
(snipped .castle from the ng list)

In lugnet.cad, Erik Olson wrote:

I'm not planning to become a parts author soon though, unless Steve is
generously giving lessons at Brickfest, and persuades me.

I'm not even sure what 'lessons' would be like.  Measure, plot,
approximate, crib, standardize, clean up, publish.  What else is there?

Some of us are still mystified by all those primitives. What their intents
are, when to use 'em and when to propose a subpart. I suppose that studying
official parts would clarify that. Some of us don't know what the tools do
already (L3Lab) and what they're effective at. The pitfalls, the
efficiencies, the accumulated experience...

I'll eventually get around to making tools for part authoring in BrickDraw3D
and I'll figure it what's useful when I need to.

I imagine a day when the experts here will get together and write an
O'Reilly book, call it Virtual Building with LDRAW, and it will have a
chapter on parts authoring in it.

-Erik