 CAD / 5470
  DAT to AutoCAD?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question. I couldn't find a FAQ for the CAD group. I was wondering if there is a utility that allows .DAT files to be converted to AutoCAD (i.e. DXF)? Also is there such a utility that allows the reverse to happen? (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: DAT to AutoCAD?

(...) (URL) if only there was a DXF to DAT converter. I'd be cranking out the parts updates -Duane. (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: DAT to AutoCAD?

Thanks Duane. You'd think if a utility can be written to convert in one direction, you could write one to go the other way as well....hmmmm dare I take time away from trains to learn that much about .DAT files? I don't know. jt (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: DAT to AutoCAD?

(...) I think the difficulty would be in the substitution of DAT primitives after the translation is complete. Otherwise, every part drawn with AutoCAD would have individually drawn studs and such. It's a nice dream though. I know that I don't have (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: DAT to AutoCAD?

Yes, it exists! You could find a windows utility, created by Paulo Caparica, that converts .DAT in .DXF in this site: (URL) .DXF to .DAT: I think thats is very difficult to do such utility. zanette. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: DAT to AutoCAD?

(...) I have a new version that uses a normal Ldraw instalation and is compiled to Win98/me, I didn´t have time to upload it to Geocities. If you want it email me and can send it directly. Paulo (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: DAT to AutoCAD?

(...) There exist a STL to DAT converter. As Autocad can output STL files, you can use it to produce part very quickly. I have used it to produce many part with Solidworks that also has a STL output. Check my page : (URL) for the STL to DAT (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad)