 CAD / 5400
Re: Math.. I'm making my head hurt...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 03:13:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Bram Lambrecht writes:
I agree with the first column (measuring from the bottom of vertical portion
of the slope to the top of the slope), but not the second.  In LDraw parts,
the little vertical portion of the slope is 4 LDU, not 2, so the ratios are

   Brick  | Single-Brick   Single-Brick
   Size   |    Slope           Angle
----------+------------------------------
   6x8x1  |     1:7          8.130102°
   2x4x1  |     1:3         18.434949°
   1x3x1  |     1:2         26.565051°
   1x2x1  |     1:1         45.000000°
   2x2x2  |    11:5         65.556045°
   1x2x3  |    17:5         72.610460°

d'Oh! -- Yes, you're absolutely right -- thank you for the correction!
(And I had this funny feeling when I posted that I was doing something
wrong in the measurement.  The vertical base part is 1/6 brick height,
not 1/2 of 1/16.)

--Todd