 CAD / 5393
5392  |  5394
Subject:
Math.. I'm making my head hurt...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 20:56:14 GMT

Can someone figure out the angle on a 3x2 slope?
I must be losing my mind, or missing something basic...
A rise/run of 1/1 gives 45 degrees... right?
So the angle of a 2x2 slope brick is 45 degrees?
(20ldu rise/20ldu run) (this is taking into account the small 4ldu edge at the
bottom of the slope)

So, a rise/run of 1/2 should be 22.5 degrees? yes? no?

a 3x2 slope brick has a 20ldu rise/40ldu run... (again, taking into account the
small 4ldu edge at the bottom of the slope)

But when I try to rotate other parts in the scene to match the sloped face, if
I use a rotation of 22.5 degrees, it doesn't match.

So I grabbed some slopes, created a right angle out of technic bits and did
some comparisons. 2 3x2 slopes, stacked with their sloped faces against one
another *do not* equal up to the 45 degree slope of a 2x2 sitting next to
them.. okay... so obviously their slope isn't 22.5 degrees...

but what is it? am I missing something? is the run not 40 ldu? is the rise not
20 ldu? is a 1/2 rise/run ratio not 22.5 degrees?

my head hurts... help