 CAD / 5370
Re: Another "Has this part been made"...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 21:45:49 GMT

"James Wilson" <wilson.j.s@usa.net> wrote in message
I'll second that notion.  I'm sure there are parts out there that people
aren't entering into the parts tracker.  Of course, they'd have to post a
message to the newsgroup...  Also, "Is this part available" messages posted
here and to cad.dat.parts often go unacknowledged -- maybe a separate
newsgroup would help.

Here's an idea for someone with WAY too much time on their hands: a complete
visual directory of all Lego elements, and whether LDraw or POV-ray parts
exist for each...  Anybody got about 10 years to do it?  :)

James -
Check this out:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts

Dan and Jen are working on a parts inventory using all parts, not just LDrawn
parts.  They're taking photos of the parts which are not in LDraw to use in
their set inventory (what parts are in what set, etc).
--

Tim Courtney - tim@ldraw.org