 CAD / 5366
Re: Another "Has this part been made"...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:34:51 GMT

I'll second that notion.  I'm sure there are parts out there that people
aren't entering into the parts tracker.  Of course, they'd have to post a
message to the newsgroup...  Also, "Is this part available" messages posted
here and to cad.dat.parts often go unacknowledged -- maybe a separate
newsgroup would help.

Here's an idea for someone with WAY too much time on their hands: a complete
visual directory of all Lego elements, and whether LDraw or POV-ray parts
exist for each...  Anybody got about 10 years to do it?  :)

James Wilson

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney writes:
FUT set lugnet.cad.has.this.part.been.made ;-)

Yep, the Parts Tracker is the place to look for info on that.  But - would it >be good to have a separate LUGNET group for parts tracking and parts inquiry >which was also separate from the cad.dat.parts.* heirarchy (or a subcategory of such?)
It seems we've gotten a lot of those questions lately.

In the relative near future (we've heard that one before) LDraw.org plans to
have an automated permanent parts tracker on-site which will relieve Tore of >his work (and he wants to be relieved).  Until then, dunno what to do, other than
keep using his - and maybe start another group.

-Tim