 CAD / 5354
Re: Another "Has this part been made"...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:54:02 GMT

FUT set lugnet.cad.has.this.part.been.made ;-)

Yep, the Parts Tracker is the place to look for info on that.  But - would it be
good to have a separate LUGNET group for parts tracking and parts inquiry which
was also separate from the cad.dat.parts.* heirarchy (or a subcategory of such?)
It seems we've gotten a lot of those questions lately.

In the relative near future (we've heard that one before) LDraw.org plans to
have an automated permanent parts tracker on-site which will relieve Tore of his
work (and he wants to be relieved).  Until then, dunno what to do, other than
keep using his - and maybe start another group.

-Tim

"Franklin W. Cain" <fwcain@yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad, Chris Czajka writes:

Just wanted to see if another part im looking for has been made...
The Part is the Engine used in the Landspeeder Set.

Yes.

For future use, please be advised that one of our CAD authors,
Tore Ericksson, maintains a "parts tracker" page:
"http://home.swipnet.se/~w-20413/ttracker/ttracker.htm"

If you ever want to find out whether or not someone has posted
a DAT file for a part not in your LDraw "\parts" directory,
go to Tore's web page, and then use your browser's "Search"
function.

You can also do a keyword search here on LUGNet, to find where
someone has posted a DAT file for a part.  Just go to ".cad.dat",
and enter the keywords that describe the part in question
(for ex., "landspeeder, engine"), and away you go.  ;-)

Note that this is for those parts that are not yet included
in a parts update.  Once a part has been included into a new
parts udpate, Tore removes that entry from his parts tracker.
(You can still find it on LUGNet, as per the above info, though.)
Also, once it has been included into a parts update, the Parts
Reference here on LUGNet ("http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/")
will have it listed, so you can search for it there (in case
you believe that this DAT file may not have been successfully
loaded into your "\parts" directory when you installed this new
update).

Hope this helps.
Franklin