 CAD / 5319
Re: DAT to GIF/JPG/EPS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:26:17 GMT

"Thomas Keenan" <thomas@mets.com> wrote in message news:G7F305.Eto@lugnet.com...
Is there a utility out there for converting DAT files into GIF, JPG or EPS
files?

No.  You need to render your DAT file with L3P/POV-Ray or view it in something
like L3Lab or LDView and take a screenshot (unless they have image generating
utilities).  DAT files are not 2-D images, but 3-D models, so you can't generate
a bitmap image directly from a DAT file itself.  You have to do that to DAT file
output.

--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne