 CAD / 5191
  Arbitrary code (was Re: L3P Idea

(...) This got me thinking... Take a look at this rendering for example: (URL) is a really neat model, but the reflected parts are just "wrong". Wouldn't it be nice if the slope parts had POV code that somehow changed the reflectivity or the surface (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Arbitrary code (was Re: L3P Idea  [DAT]

Once again, I suggest we added TEXTURE as a 0-meta-command. This would solve a lot of issues, we could for example use TEXTURE RUBBER for differently coloured rubber parts as rubber bands, erasers, tyres... This way, it won't be POV-only, but all (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Arbitrary code (was Re: L3P Idea

(...) My perspective is that of a user... POV renderings are wrong. *Any* solution that fixes my particular needs is good enough for me. That said, the most general solution may be the best, and embedding POV specific fragments may not be very (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)