 CAD / 4889
Re: General question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:06:51 GMT

"Joel Hoornbeek" <joel@webaccess.net> wrote in message
news:G3Auqz.FMI@lugnet.com...
I downloaded the latest version of L3P yesterday from Lars' site, as well • as
the latest version of L3PAO from Jeff's site.  I guess the LDraw text • version
made it to Lars' site?

This really should be changed.  I had a conversation with TLC's intellectual
property attorney over this issue.  She requested we NOT put LDraw on the
studs of the logo for the event but instead put LEGO - for dilution of
trademark purposes (so we did.  Full size ldraw.org logo images contain
'LEGO' on the studs).  Now this seems silly to me in one sense, but makes
sense to me in another.  I'm surprised this got into the program release
though, and in my opinion should be changed.

Though this is kinda funny, and cool ;-)
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne