 CAD / 472
Re: Inline tool?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 21:21:15 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote in message <3699f6ef.2610308@lugnet.com>...
On Sun, 10 Jan 1999 03:14:11 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote:

I've been using the LDAO inliner with no
problem (other than rounding to 3 decimals, which is only a problem for • the
overly perfectionist).

That's definitely on my list of things-to-change.  But I'm not sure of
the best approach.  Should LDAO handle decimal places by:

1. Having a general option (ie, "always round to X places")
2. Having a specific option which pops up every time you perform an
operation involving formatting (new) values for output
3. Implementing some sort of significant digits retention.

I would just say round to 4 decimal places.  That's what has been decided
for primitives, and I can't imagine needing more precision than that.  You
would cut following zeros, of course.

I don't know if you are planning any revisions to the gridder, but it would
be nice to be able to specify a "zero" point around which the grid would be
centered.

Do you know if anyone has integrated the MPD file maker and/or splitter into
LDAO as a tool.  I was just thinking that would be convenient.

-John Van