 CAD / 4532
    Named rotation inheritance (Was: 2nd. Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software) —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) Wouldn't the user have to look at the part's DAT anyway, to see what named rotation centers the part has? Anyway, briefly, namespace resolution is a means by which we can specifically address (resolve) some thing from inside some other thing (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Named rotation inheritance (Was: 2nd. Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw —James Reynolds
   (...) ... (...) I am pretty sure I don't understand totally what you are suggesting. I think that you are saying that NO rotational axis be specifed in a model, but rather, the program will scan a model's parts and find ALL rotational axis? That (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Named rotation inheritance (Was: 2nd. Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) Not really. A subpart would need to "know" and "advertise" its own rotational axes to the tool; the tool would then offer these axes, and any others the user enters manually. The simplest approach for this is for the subpart to have special (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Named rotation inheritance (Was: 2nd. Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw —James Reynolds
   (...) the (...) those (...) OK, I understand you and agree. This would work with a user interface program. But what if I wanted to externally script an animation? (I say externally because if I created an animation with a powerful tool, the tool (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad)