 CAD / 452
Re: CM from other LEGO bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 15:28:25 GMT

Laurentino Martins wrote in message <3696186F.979E3117@mail.telepac.pt>...

OK, so... it there any repository of mock ups?
I could add mine so others could used it! :-)

Posting to lugnet.cad.dat is a good start.  You might also put it on a web
page (your's or someone else's).

Something tells me the cyberMaster unit will take a long time to be
created, since it has many round areas and one of those also have
drawings in it. Besides, the top is not soft but embossed with patterns.

Round parts may or may not increase the difficulty.  Ldraw uses a number of
round "primitives" like spheres, cylinders, discs, rings, etc. to make
drawing round areas easy.  The biggest difficulty comes when two rounded
areas intersect.  Drawing, patterns, etc. do increase the difficulty quite a
bit (mostly just takes more time) but you could start by making an
"unpatterned" part with all the geometry included, then add patterns at a
later time.  I'm planning to do this with the RCX.

By the way, I just finished the touch sensor (at 1 A.M. today), so I'll post
it on lugnet.cad.dat.

(sorry the English)

We're also very understanding of those who must communicate in a second
language (especially since Americans typically are much worse at this than
most of the world).

Buenos dias!

-John Van