 CAD / 451
Re: CM from other LEGO bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:38:39 GMT

OK, so... it there any repository of mock ups?
I could add mine so others could used it! :-)

Something tells me the cyberMaster unit will take a long time to be
created, since it has many round areas and one of those also have
drawings in it. Besides, the top is not soft but embossed with patterns.

(sorry the English)

Laurentino Martins   *<||:-)

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]

Linc Smith wrote:

John VanZwieten wrote in message ...
I'm sure nobody told you your CyberMaster "mock-up" wasn't worth anything; • I
think they meant it wasn't that helpful for creating an official Ldraw part
(which is a very different thing!).  Mock-ups are perfectly acceptable for
conveying information as to how your model is constructed, and if the
renderings arent perfect, so what!  I'm sure we've all had to use our
imagination from time to time to make up for missing parts.  And when you
get tired of mock-ups, you'll probably decide to take the time and learn to
create your own parts.  Then you get to use the part and receive the
satisfaction of contributing something back to the Ldraw community.

This is very true advice.  Your mock up is useful... to you and others.  It
allows people to make models and simply insert a official part when It
becomes available.  John's observation on new people making several mock-ups
and then delving into a real part is also true.  I am at the point where I
am confident enough in LEdit to and a text editor to start making a real
part.  Up to this point making a part was just too confusing... I needed
some LEditing background to just  understand the explanations of how to do
it in the FAQs.  I have made several mock-ups in the past, but now that I
have some experience I think that I can start flailing about with a new
part.  As he said the main part authors are very willing to help with
answering questions.  With experience in LEdit will come the ability to make
parts and the more authors the faster the LDraw inventory will match the
Lego inventory.  :)

LINC