 CAD / 4291
Re: Ray tracing programs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:51:27 GMT

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:18:46 GMT, Fredrik Glöckner
<fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:

"Aaron Coghill" <cogs@fan.net.au> writes:

Q. Am I correct in needing the L2P.exe (LGEO programme) file as
leocad suggests? If so where can I download this program as the
ChariotX website is currently down.

You can choose wether you want to use L2P and the LGEO library
(download from eg. www.ldraw.org) _or_ L3P (LGEO and L3P can be
combined, but I wouldn't suggest this to a newbie.).  L2P and L3P are
not related, but the names are a bit confusing, suggesting that L3P is
an improvement over L2P.

I would go for L3P as a start; it is easier for new users to use.
Download it from www.ldraw.org -> download -> software.

Fredrik

I know that L3lab gives warning about the feature being untested, when
you export to povray from it, but I've used it a lot of times, with
expected results everytime, and it is far easier to use than l3p if
you're not that familiar with shell commands. Ok there's l3pAO, but
just remember that it needs LDAO, and it looks like there's a really
nasty version of that out there:)
Out of curiosity, have anyone had any problems converting with l3lab?

Regards
John