 CAD / 4223
  LUGNET partsref: batch downloadable?

I've frequently used the partsref at LUGNET: (URL) is very useful. However, what would be even more useful, would be to be able to download all the gif images at once, for an offline database. Is that possible to do right now? Fredrik (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LUGNET partsref: batch downloadable?

(...) At this time, there's no permanent provision for a downloadable version. I did (because Larry P. asked for it) upload the ZIP of all the current files to (URL). So you can grab the current Partsref from there. Just remember, the Search boxes (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LUGNET partsref: batch downloadable?

(...) Is there any chance of getting the source for the Partsref search engine? I'm thinking of hosting it from localhost (kinda selfish I know :-, but nevertheless...) Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LUGNET partsref: batch downloadable?

(...) You can use a website download program like WEBSNAKE, and download the entire site, or until some depth is reached. It has the advantage of translating the links to your location (harddrive usually). See ya Rui Martins (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LUGNET partsref: batch downloadable?

(...) I dunno. You might be able to find out by invoking the name of He Who Owns Lugnet. The download ZIP includes a flatfile, partsref.tab, which contains all the search data. You could use that as the basis for a quickie search engine. Steve (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LUGNET partsref: batch downloadable?

(...) Which still doesn't make the search engine work... I think it is also slightly more polite to use a provided download file, rather than slurping the entire branch of the site. It saves a few bytes of data, and fewer hits to the server. Steve (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad)