 CAD / 4135
Re: Map of the Worlde
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:48:44 GMT

Tony Priestman wrote:

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Mr L F Braun (<3968C118.19B70A4B@pilot.msu.edu>)
wrote at 18:14:49

You're making me want to set up an African station or, better yet,
something like a French isle in the Pacific.  But alas, no time, no
time...aiiigh!

Somehow, methinks I'm doomed to learning ldraw and povray while I'm in
Europe.  [Not that this is doom, it just takes more time than digging in
my bins.]

Bring some bits with you. Didn't the German navy run patrols in some
African Lakes? (Or was that some badly remembered film?)

Um, "yes."  But the Germans were mostly active only after about 1870, a bit
late for Pirating (even later than _Gloire_).  And bad movies with German
heavies aren't just common, they're nearly coterminous!

Does anyone know if Pirate hulls have been rendered in Ldraw yet? (I'm
crossing this one over to lugnet.cad just to see if anyone has
state-of-the-model info at their keytips.)  Otherwise I'll just have to
imperiously comandeer Tony's pirate hulls, or buy some from the
Nederlanders.

best

Lindsay