 CAD / 3568
Re: Race scene wallpaper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:01:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Johannes Keukelaar writes:
"FG" =3D=3D Fredrik Gl=F6ckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> writes:

FG>     http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=192

Woo! Your technic models keep amazing me each time, Fredrik. The way
you use the flexible axles and tubing to suggest body shape is really
well done.

Thank you!  It's only fair to say, though, that this technique is inspired
from the 8448 Supercar.  I don't posess the 8448 yet, but I've spent some time
looking at pictures of it!  :-)

Is that just a question of trial and error to find the
exact right length and positioning to get the right shape?

Yes, it's a matter of having a lot of flexible hoses lying around and trying
to connect them at different points to see how they bend.  I have cheated in
the images, because the only hoses I have in blue are the ones from 8444
Chopper Force.  I've written some more details about this in

    http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=1056

BTW, I just noticed that there were two black pins missing in the roof of the
model, so I rerendered it and reuploaded the images.

Fredrik

PS: I always seem to set FUT wrongly when I crosspost.  When I posted the
message, I guessed that any comments would be of the CAD nature, and put FUT
lugnet.cad.  Obviously, this comment would have been better suited for
lugnet.technic.  Ah, well...