 CAD / 3542
3541  |  3543
Subject:
James Jessiman Photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 02:55:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greetings

I recently received photographs of James Jessiman from his parents in
Australia.  I have placed one on the main memorial page here:

http://www.ldraw.org/memorial/

And there are others, not linked to by the site, at:

http://www.ldraw.org/memorial/james1.jpg
http://www.ldraw.org/memorial/james2.jpg
http://www.ldraw.org/memorial/james3.jpg
http://www.ldraw.org/memorial/james4.jpg

And below I've typed out the letter his parents sent me along with the
photos:

Hello Tim,
Enclosed are the copies of four recent photographs of James for the
Group to use.  Hope one, or part of one, suits the CD purposes.

James Anthony Jessiman was born on 8th June 1971 in Wagga Wagga, New
South Wales, Australia.  He died there on 25th July 1997 of influenza.

Things in James' life included:

Family - his parents and younger brother, Richard
Science generally and particularly Mathematics
Friends - he was a very generous man
Lego, Lego, Lego.....
Computers and helping others to use them
Amateur Radio Club - he held a full operators' license, VK2MLV
Wagga Computer Club, he was President
Riverina NetWare User Group
Ten Pin Bowling
University Bible Study Group
Novels by Terry Pratchett - he had a great sense of humour
Music by Billy Joel - He drove 500kms to attend concerts every time
the artist was here
His business - Rivtron Computers
His car - a hand-me-down from his grandfather, and
His cat - Vipsania

James displayed a remarkable aptitude for thinking and logic at a very
early age winning many competitions in both Science and Mathematics.
In fact, his first computer was gained as the prize for being first in
the state of NSW in a Science competition at the age of 13.

While I was at the office of the local newspaper yesterday, I
mentioned the Boston convention and the LDraw link.  The news editor
is very keen to do a story.  So as soon as you have details I will get
back to the paper.

We are leaving for Europe and UK on the 18th February and will return
about 15th April.  We will be in touch as soon as we get back.

Kind Regards,

Robyn & Don Jessiman
5th February 2000

--

Hope you all enjoy this letter and the pictures of James.

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org
http://www.zacktron.com