 CAD / 341
  Re: LEGO part files for POV-ray

I installed PovRay and L3P and both do run, but L3P can't find the proper part files. I tried to run a batch file to set the envariable LDRAWDIR, specify the batch file as properties of L3P and so on, but still no effect. Also tried with LDraw, L3P (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO part files for POV-ray

(...) Well, I don't actually *use* L3P (I should, if only for the lint function). I know L3P's usage of LGEO parts has been discussed around on the L-CAD mailing list, but I don't have an archive of those messages. Anyone with a *real* answer want (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO part files for POV-ray

(...) On Windows NT, the environment is loaded from the registry, instead of a batch file. To set your environment, either right-click on My Computer and go to "Properties", or go to the System applet in the Control Panel. From here, go to the (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO part files for POV-ray

(...) batch (...) go (...) prompt (...) Thanks! Now I know how to define envariables and when I looked on the proper tab, the right path was already there (so somehow running batch files does still set the variable, but at least now I can check to (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO part files for POV-ray

Well, I had a closer look and after some fiddling and trial & error, I found out what caused the problem: the path of the LDRAW dir wasn't fully 8.3 format. It had one longer dir name somewhere in there. When I noticed this I recalled something (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.cad)