 CAD / 339
Re: LEGO part files for POV-ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 17:36:56 GMT

Once upon a time, "Eric Brok" <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl> wrote:

I haven't been following developments about legocad for about a year.
I remember when I converted LDraw models to Pov-ray back then, only some of
the parts were in the library. Now before getting everything back in gear, I
wonder if this situation is really changed 9to such an extend that only
occasionally a part will not be converted).

If you get L3P, you won't have any problem with any missing parts.  L3P
converts the existing LDraw parts on-the-fly.  If you have the
higher-quality, POV-Ray format parts from the LGEO library (from Lutz
Uhlmann's L2P), L3P will use those instead.

So you get the best of both worlds. :)

Get L3P at <http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/l3p.html>
Get LGEO at <http://titan.informatik.uni-bonn.de/%7Euhlmann/lgeo.html>

Steve