 CAD / 3044
    Re: What's the right group to ask tool usage questions? —John VanZwieten
   (...) Just plain old lugnet.cad is fine. The *.dat.* groups are only for posting .dat files (and for follow-up comments.) The cad.dev group is for discussions on creating, modifying, etc cad programs and parts. Look out folks, Larry saw a little too (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: What's the right group to ask tool usage questions? —Larry Pieniazek
   OK, here's the question then. it relates to MPDs and MLCad. first, should I be able to read and manipulate an existing MPD in MLCad? For instance this one: (URL) the body of that posting as a .MPD file gives me a bunch of "part not found" and then a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: What's the right group to ask tool usage questions? —Mike Poindexter
   (...) But (...) It is not a problem with out of date parts files. Actually, yours are probably more up to date that the ones in this file. I noticed that the majority of the "part not found" errors are where it uses older DAT files, such as the old (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: What's the right group to ask tool usage questions? —Jack Gregory
     (...) that (...) down. Depends on the location of the GPF, and the version of Windows. NT, which I use, won't even blink. BTW, this is a bug that should be fixed with a "file format unconforming" something, with pointer to the line. (...) submodel (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

        POV-RAY (was something else) —John Matthews
   Get L3P and L3P Add On. Once you have those files installed, you can open L3PAO and point to your file. Adjust your lights and cameras and stuff, then click the run button and it will write a .POV file. Double click on the .POV file in Explorer to (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)