 CAD / 3045
Re: What's the right group to ask tool usage questions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 03:28:43 GMT

OK, here's the question then.

it relates to MPDs and MLCad.

first, should I be able to read and manipulate an existing MPD in MLCad?
For instance this one:

http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=686

Saving the body of that posting as a .MPD file gives me a bunch of "part not
found" and then a GPF. MLCad seems to work fine on some other files I have. But
those are perfectly ordinary parts I think, and I am not more than a month or
two behind on updates...

Second, suppose I have created a model file that I want to use as a submodel
(say, a truck assembly). If I start a new file, do an "import" I don't see the
submodel in the main model. Do I add it just like I add any other part? I want
two instances of it, rotated 180 degrees so the couplers face outward.

Can someone walk me through that part? I'm a little confused by the process.

Thanks to Mike Poindexter for turning me on to MLCad, it's way easier to get
started in than LDraw/LEdit (even with Bram's good tutorial I found LEdit very
counter intuitive)... MLCad you just drag the part over from the window and
voila. I also like that you have the text view where you can reorder the parts
or add steps etc.

Thanks for any helps. I've read the help text in this area a few times and I
don't quite grok it.

++Lar