 CAD / 2827
  Re: Dat explorer

Kevin, This is really getting good! It's especially nice for buildings which have been furnished. A few suggestions: Ability to look NW,NE,SW,SE, or even better input degrees of rotation, with 0 being north. Ability to move by user-adjustable (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dat explorer

(...) This is possible, but you would loose most of the benifit of "caching" the previously rendered images, since there would be so much freedom. I'll start with adding larger jump options for the movements. By keeping those factors of 50 it won't (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dat explorer

Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:FI5yLw.5p6@lugnet.com... (...) 0 (...) of (...) significant (...) Even just the four diagonal directions would be great, and would only double the number of possible images. And factors of 50 (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Dat explorer

Povray sucks up 800+MB of virtual memory while parsing Datsville. If we saved some of those memory structures as binary maped files and povray could work against those the next time it rendered, It should speed it up alot. I'm assuming that most of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.cad)